Player list in an event's TO Tools can now be ordered alphabetically or by registration order.
Subscriber only Printable player list available for checking players in at an event.
Miners, Cooks, and third captains added to all site features.
Featured Matches section added to the home page. Featured matches are between two players in the past 7 days who both have a rating at least 85% as high as the highest-rated player.
Added the Centurion award for playing 100 games in a year.
The Torch award was modified due to player inactivity.
Guild Purist, Multi Guild Master, Guild Ball Guru, and Centurion awards are now recorded permanantly on a player's profile along with the date the award is first earned.
A player's highest rating is recorded on their profile along with the date that rating was achieved.
Event pages now use stored player ratings rather than calculating them each time the page is loaded. This should speed up event pages dramatically.
Championship events now have a laurel surrounding their event image to highlight them as championships and indicate if they are official or unofficial.
Subscriber only Added kicking and receiving data to the statistics page
Added tracking of kicker and receiver to games.
- By default, games don't have a set kicker or receiver.
- Use the "kicker" buttons to set which player kicked off during a game.
- If a game is a tie and a kicker is set, the kicker wins the game.
- Added Injury Report cards to the "Game Tools" page.
- Renamed the "Resources" page the "Community Resources" page.
- Fixed some bugs with adding and dropping players from events.
- Automatic reloading on event pages has been removed due to speed concerns. These features may be reintroduced in a future update.
- Measures have been taken to reduce the likelihood of event pages crashing during large events.
Standings, statistics, TO tools, and games (by round) are now all shown on the main event page.
- Use the buttons underneath the event info box to switch between panels.
- All games from every round appear on the main page regardless of event size.
Printable paper tokens and proxies have been added to the Game Tools page.
- These were formerly hosted on the Longshanks administrator's personal site.
- Guild leader and purist badges now have titles partially decided by the GB player community.
Events pages have been reorganized.
- A menu of buttons appears near the top of each event page to facilitate navigation between the Standings, Statistics, and Round pages.
- Registration and TO tools now appear toward the bottom of the Standings page.
- Games no longer appear on the Standings page, regardless of event size.
The Round buttons will populate automatically as new rounds are generated with no need to reload the page.
- While attending an event, you will see a new button appear when a new round begins.
The Standings page can now update itself automatically as new game results are entered.
- This feature is in beta testing and appears for the TO only. It will be released soon for players and spectator.
- Running an event has never been easier! While running an OPEN event, simply load the Standings page at the beginning of a round and watch it update as players report their own results. You'll see when all the results are reported and it's time to generate a new round and never have to reload the page.
- Added the SFG staff and Pundit badges.
- Allow searching by home region and account type on the player page.
- Enabled ability to directly message pundits.
- Subscriber only Enabled option to host team tournaments.
- General user interface and functionality updates.
- Updated event type icons.
- Team Tournament hosting open to selected testers.
- Added the Guild Ball Guru badge.
- General user interface and functionality updates.
- Preparing the system for Team Tournament events.
- Moved to a new web host.
- SSL security now available.
- Option to send a password reset message now appears after an incorrect login attempt.
- Changes to profile creation system:
- Player profiles no longer made automatically when adding players to an event.
- Event organizers can still create profiles, but must do so purposefully.
- Users may now create their own player profiles.
- Subscriber only Added Watch List feature to track friends, rivals, and local club members.
- Added a "resources" page.
- Merged guild and captains stats pages into a single "Statistics" page.
- Pages now have art!
- Subscriber only Added the ability for event organizers to send announcements to registered players.
- Added TO option to avoid local player pairing in round one.
- Restructured the Control Panel page.
- Fixed current games displaying on Control Panel.
- Made login cookies more secure.
- Added "local opponents" feature.
- Users may add up to five local opponents they regularly play.
- TOs will soon have the option to avoid pairing mutually-recognized players in the first round of an event.
- Removed the QR code feature from events.
- Structural changes to enable subscriber-only features.
- Added a specific option for release events as an event type.
- Removed references to the European Union in event and player regions.
- Added options for Belgian, French, German, and Spanish sub-regions to the region selection menus (for both events and players).
- Added page allowing TOs to modify players' pre-registered guilds.
- Some back-end work in preparation for doubles/team event support.
- Added badge descriptions to the information page.
- Changed button appearances for increased consistency.
- Added day, month, and year headers to event pages for easier event location.
- Fixed quotes around nicknames so they don't look stupid if in a heading.
- Restructured system for editing player and event info.
- Corrected error that caused BYE games to count as a win for ranking purposes.
- Added "detail" pages to player profiles.
- Updated art assets for captains, guilds, and awards.
- Added championship events page.
- Guild Purist badges now show which guild they represent.
- Added Google Maps integration on event pages.
- Searches for event venue based on name.
- If the correct location doesn't appear for an event that you are hosting, try adjusting the "location" parameter.
- Pre-registered events now appear on both your player profile and your control panel.
- Fixes for names with apostrophes.
- TOs can now un-drop players from events.
- This can be used to swap players mid-event:
- add players A and B to event
- drop player B before setting round 1 pairings
- drop player A and un-drop player B when the swap happens
- Reconfigured player information display and editing.
- Player profile page:
- Rating & RPI
- Game history, casual games, hosted events
- Control panel:
- Games from current event (if applicable)
- Buttons to host an event or create a casual game record
- Hosted events (if applicable)
- Player names, alternate names, and nicknames.
- Names and alternate names cannot have numbers or special characters
- Names and alternate names require at least two words (e.g. first and last)
- Nicknames can contain anything
- Players can choose to have their name hidden.
- Change this in the "edit player information" section of your control panel
- Instead of your name, you will see "Player #xx" where xx is your ID#
- Added captain win rate data.
- Modified Multi-Guild Master badge
- Now requires five or more tournament games with each of five or more guilds.
- Updates to event and game display to improve performance in large events.
- UI updates in preperation for Minor Guilds.
- Added QR codes to event pages
- Use these to advertise and give players quick access to the event page.
- Streamlined captain selection.
- Added achievement badges:
- Current world champion (updated)
- Past world champion
- World championship qualifier
- Guild Purist (only one guild, 30+ games)
- Multi-Guild Master (tournament game with each guild)
- Improvements to guild and national champion badges.
- Added guild breakdown to event pages.
- Added captain images to games when a captain is chosen.
- The site now operates on a weekly schedule.
- When filtering results by date, the "from" date is forced to the nearest Wednesday.
- Year-old events drop from the standard ranking on the first Wednesday after they become one year old.
- This will reduce the frequency of rating changes due to old events being removed to only once per week.
- Minor bug fixes in event creation & management.
- Added captain selection for games.
- Added guild selection when registering for an event.
- Coordinated color schemes for secure items. (Items you can access due to login priveleges are now all purple.)
- Added "top 3" sections for each guild to the Guild Stats page.
- Fixed the flag for the US state of Georgia. Sorry!
- Bug fixes relating to display of hidden events on player pages.
- Organized main events list page into "future," "current," and "past" events.